If you are seeking a professional appraisal report on
Modern & Contemporary Art, Pre-Columbian or Tribal art, we can help you with all your needs.
Gregory Ghent and Scott McCue together have over 70 years experience writing such reports for insurance,
estates, donations to museums, and equitable distribution of property.
Many museums, attorneys, insurance companies, and accountants highly praise and recommend Ghent & McCue for their unique expertise, comprehensive methodology and professional appraisal practice.
With offices in the
Bay area and Santa Fe, New Mexico, Mr. Ghent and Mr. McCue also travel nationwide.
- Mr. Ghent is certified as compliant with the Federal Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) through November 2016, as administered by the Appraisers Association of America.
Recent appraisals of note (see References for others):
- Modern art and design in the estate of Ada Louis Huxtable donated to the J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles
- Contemporary and Tribal art in the estate of Paul LeBaron Thiebaud
- The textile collection of Mary Hunt Kahlenberg, Santa Fe
- Modern art in the estate of Alain Renoir (son of Jean Renoir, grandson of Pierre-Auguste Renoir)
The Dorothy & George Saxe Collection of Contemporary American Craft (wood, ceramic, fiber, and metal), donated to the De Young Museum in San Francisco
- A collection of 20th century Peruvian textiles donated to the Smithsonian Institution
- Indonesian art donated to The Art Museum at Cornell University
- A collection of African tribal art donated to Spelman College Museum of Fine Art, Atlanta
- Historic and contemporary Native American art owned by the Rumsey Band of the Wintun Indians, California
- A collection of magnificent gold jewelry from Southeast Asia donated to the Asian Art Museum, San Francisco, CA